Call Us
Text Us
The Law Offices of Alice Antonovsky, PLLC takes pride in helping its clients legalize their status in the United States, apply for the right kind of visa and keep their families together through the most suitable application method.

The non immigrant L1 visa facilitates foreign workers being transferred by their employer to enter the United States. Foreign workers may be transferred to the US to manage an entire organization, a division or major function of any related organization.

If you apply for an L1 visa and your petition is approved, you will be transferred to the country and work for that U.S. company related to the one employing you outside of the U.S. Besides, you may travel in and out of the country or stay here continuously up till your L1 status expires. Last but not least, once your visa application is approved, you may avail of L2 visas for accompanying relatives, including your spouse and unmarried children under 21 years of age.

To be eligible for this particular visa, the U.S. company to which you are being transferred should be a subsidiary, affiliate, branch or joint venture partner of your current non-U.S. employer. Additionally, you must be employed in the U.S. company as a manager, person with specialized skills and knowledge or executive.

If you wish to check for further visa qualification requirements for foreign workers, schedule a private consultation with Alice Antonovsky, immigration specialist.

Request a Confidential
Consultation Now
Experienced Immigration
guidance throughout every
stage of the process
Privacy and confidentiality
assured to each and every one
of our clients
Attorneys and staff speak many
foreign languages including
Spanish and Russian

Contact Immigration Attorney Alice Antonovsky for:

  • L1 visas processing assistance
  • Adjustment of Status
  • Family-Based Immigration
  • Citizenship and Naturalization
  • Waivers
  • Employment-Based Permanent Residency
  • Family Reunification
  • Special Programs and Treaties
  • Political Asylum

3 Things You Need to Know
About L1 Visas

Any employee who has worked for a company or corporation for at least one year as Executive or Manager in the preceding three qualifies as an L1 Executive.
One of the limitations of this visa is that you are only allowed to work for the U.S. employer who acted as your visa sponsor.
After signing the documents, it may take between two and four months to process a normal L1 visa and one and three weeks to process an L1 visa covered by an L1 Blanket approval.
Key Facts About L1 Visas
You can get visa approval for up to three years on L1 visa. Extensions of two years are possible until you have been in the country for seven years if you are an executive or manager, for five years if you enter the U.S. as a specialized knowledge employee.
The L1A visa is for executives and managers. On L1A visa you can apply for a Green Card with no need of going through Labor Certification. The L1B visa is specifically for key employees like computer programmers and accountants. You must have special knowledge of the company's procedures and products.
To speed up the process of applying for an L1 visa, the USCIS came up with a program called Premium Processing. The USCIS guarantees the petition will be adjudicated in 15 days or notify you if further evidence is needed if paid an extra amount of $1,000 on a separate check.
Request a Confidential Consultation
to get honest and reliable advice from Immigration Lawyer, Alice Antonovsky
Designed by CreativeWorks, Pocono and Lehigh Valley Web Design Agency
Home > How to Apply for L1 Visas

Your Immigration Lawyer
Alice Antonovsky
New York, NY